Shana Webb Pennywell
Major life changes are rarely anticipated and frequently accompanied by anxiety and uncertainty. Practicing family law is a complex balance of protecting clients and their families—both financially and emotionally. Shana’s approach to family law can be summed up by two maxims she lives by on a daily basis. First, there is incredible value in being of service to others, and second, attitude is equally as important as ability.
Shana stays fully informed of updates in Georgia Law and legal tendencies within family law as an effort to provide each client with the best outcome. She has represented hundreds of clients in Georgia—including the counties of: Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb, Cherokee, Gwinnett, Paulding and Bartow. Shana remains sensitive to each client’s personal goals.
Whether her clients live by modest means or are multi-millionaires, artists, professional athletes, retail workers or homemakers, everyone receives her steadfast commitment to providing exceptional service and aggressive advocacy. While she is a tough and formidable opponent, she believes in maintaining ethical and professional relationships with opposing counsel and parties.
Originally from Framingham, Massachusetts, Shana has lived in Georgia for over 15 years. When not at the office, Shana can usually be found entertaining guests and family, watching football (“Go Dawgs”) or working on a home project with the rest of the Pennywells. Shana’s husband, Styron; daughter, Emerson Grey; and sons, Lawrence “Cooper,” and Philip "Bennett" reside in Atlanta’s historic Grant Park neighborhood.
- Georgia State and Superior Courts, 2008
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2013
- Georgia Supreme Court, 2015
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 2010
- United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia, 2012
University of Georgia School of Law
Athens, Georgia, 2008
Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw, Georgia, 2003
Bachelor of Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia (Family Law Section)
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Gate City Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem
- Cobb County Family Law Workshop, Volunteer Instructor