- by Mary Stearns-Montgomery
- in Divorce
Valentine’s Day can be an especially difficult day if you have recently been divorced. Whether it is your weekend with the kids or you are home alone here are some tips for making the day a little better.
- Make it all about the kids: If kids are involved try to make Valentine’s Day fun for them instead of focusing on being single. You can make homemade cards together and let them pick dinner.
- Don’t stay home alone: Instead of sitting in your pajamas watching sappy movies call some girlfriends or family and ask if they want to rent a funny movie, get drinks or spend the day pampering yourself at the spa.
- Avoid romantic places: Avoid the fancy restaurants and love story movies. The last thing you need is to be surrounded by couples.
- Remember it is just ONE day: If you are recently single you may feel like your world is caving in on Valentine’s Day. Instead of thinking about not having a partner to share that one-day with think about all the positive things that are happening in your life.
Remember Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love, so celebrate with those people in your life that you love and that are always going to be there for you, your friends, family, and kids.