Saluting Our Veterans
Although SM&P honors and remembers veterans year-round, we are celebrating Veterans Day with a special call-out to those associated with our firm who are either employees or family of employees.
Active Duty military, currently serving –
- The son of SM&P client relations director Victoria Turney, Marines GySgt, retired. GySgt Christopher Conkel, USMC, followed in the footsteps of his mom. He is currently on active duty in Okinawa Japan.
- IT software and data specialist Hayden Venable. He has dedicated time and expertise to the Georgia Army National Guard since 2014. Hayden began as an enlisted soldier, followed by a commission in 2018. He is a first lieutenant serving with the 1-54th Security Force Assistance Brigade in Ft Benning.
And those who have paved the way –
- Receptionist Shannon Abernathy’s husband, Dylan Abernathy. He enlisted in the US Marines in 2013 and served until 2017.
- Melanie Frazier, Assistant Account Manager. She joined the Marines and served in 2016.
- Gregory Goessling, married to Meekie Goessling, paralegal. Gregory was a member of the Army National Guard’s military police, 2010-2018. He was deployed to Kabul, Afghanistan, 2012-2013.
- Senior accountant Samantha Ramsey’s father, Steve Poulos, Sr., Chief Master Sergeant in the Air National Guard, 1968 – 1996. Her brother, Steve Poulos, Jr., still serves as a colonel in the Air National Guard, having joined in 1989.
- Attorney Nicole Tufte’s husband, Brandon Jones, United States Army – National Guard, Jan 2007 – Jan 2020. He was assigned overseas during Operation Enduring Freedom. Her father, Army veteran John Paul Tufte, served overseas in the Gulf War between 1985 and 1995
- David Willard, SM&P’s IT Manager, US Army, 1974.
“We are exceptionally proud of all the veterans and current service members in our SM&P family and around the country,” said Mary Montgomery, firm founding and managing partner. “We honor and appreciate them on November 11 and the other 364 days of the year.“