- by Mary Stearns-Montgomery
- in Divorce
Not all divorces go smoothly and end amicably. In many cases there are harsh feelings and some even involve foul play or dirty tricks to purposely hurt the other. Below are some tricks to watch for during the divorce process.
5 Mean Post Divorce Tactics:
- Taking money out of joint accounts secretly
- Making large purchases on credit cards before the divorce is final
- Moving out of the family residence and refusing to help pay household bills and expenses before the divorce is final
- Going behind your back to file for sole custody when you agreed on joint custody
- Refusing to speak to you under any circumstances
It is extremely important to hire an experienced family law attorney before the divorce process has begun to help you avoid these situations. If any of these situations occur contact your family law attorney immediately so they can help.