Having run her own family law firm, Kelli Byers Hooper has a strong understanding of how best to represent her clients in family law matters. She has represented mothers, fathers, and grandparents to help them achieve child support and custody outcomes that best sustain their family relationships.
Much of Kelli’s experience has been spent both negotiating and litigating for divorce settlements. She is a registered Arbitrator as well as an experienced trial attorney. She makes certain her clients’ rights are represented in the property division process and that after the divorce they can maintain financial stability. Kelli sets a high priority on keeping her clients involved in every step of the process and not quitting until she gets a result with which her client is satisfied.
Kelli heads up the new Fayetteville office of Stearns-Montgomery & Proctor. She says, “I am thrilled at the prospect of merging my existing law practice with Stearns-Montgomery & Proctor, one of the region's fastest growing and most reputable family law firms. I am excited to work with Mary Montgomery and her team as we collectively provide exceptional customer service and zealous, quality legal services to families in the metro Atlanta area."
Kelli is invested in her community by taking an active role in her church at Cascade United Methodist Church as a member of the Women’s Usher Board. She is also active in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated and Georgia Lawyers for the Arts.
Her professional associations include the Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. She is also a member of the Diversity Committee of the Section of the Family Law of the American Bar Association and a Fellow with the ABA.
Kelli obtained her JD from Cumberland School of Law and was admitted to practice law in 2007. She is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and admitted to all courts in Georgia as well as the Northern District of Georgia. She earned her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Denver and a Master’s in Public Health from UCLA.
When not at work, Kelli enjoys running and attending professional football and baseball games with her family. She also enjoys entertaining.
- Georgia State and Superior Courts, 2007
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
Samford University, Cumberland School of Law
Birmingham, Alabama, 2007
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Public Health
Los Angeles, California, 2001
MASTER’S OF PUBLIC HEALTH
University of Denver
Denver, Colorado, 1995
Bachelor of Science
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers Foundation, Strategic Partnership Chair (2017–Present)
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys (GABWA), Regional Vice President, Columbus, GA (2007–Present)
- Cascade Community Services, a non-profit organization that seeks to transform the lives of individuals and families who reside in Metro Atlanta through education, training, economic development, healthcare and live skills support; Vice Chair (2008–2011)
- The Living Room Atlanta, a non-profit organization committed to assisting people living with HIV/AIDS in Georgia obtain and maintain long-term, stable housing), Board Member (2007–2009)